Better Collaboration: A Year in Review & Invitation for Event Suggestions
In the past year, Better Collaboration has had the honor of featuring a number of distinguished presenters speaking about virtual collaboration issues at our events. The subjects of these events ranged from demonstrations of collaboration platforms and tools such as Sqwiggle, Sococo, and Rofori to actionable methods for ensuring effective virtual meetings as well as facilitating virtual team collaboration, social cohesion, and productivity. To summarize, here are all of the presenters in chronological order:
- Dr. Jenny Ying, Stanford University: Does Working from Home Work?
Evidence from a Chinese Experiment
Michele Sommer, Employee Relations & Human Resources Senior Business Partner: Success in Working Virtually
Edward Kwang, Founder & CEO, MySammy: Quantifiable Performance Measurements of Teleworkers
Mor Sela, Founder, Better Collaboration: The Case for Virtual Open Space
- Matt Boyd, Co-Founder at Sqwiggle. Sqwiggle is an always on online workplace for your remote team to work together throughout the day.
- Paul Brody, CEO and Co-Founder of Sococo. Sococo is an innovative tool for fostering impromptu collaboration without having to physically be at the same place.
- Michael Clark, President of Innovative Technology Advocates
- Jason Morwick, co-author of Making Telework Work: Leading People and Leveraging Technology for High-impact Results (Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 2009) and Workshift: Future-Proofing Your Organization for the 21st Century (Palgrave Macmillan). Jason has published in journals, magazines, and websites such as Quality Progress, Review of Business, Business Journal, Strategic HR Review, American Business Review, iSixSigma Magazine ,and isixsigma.com. He is also on the Advisory Board for nonprofit organization, the Telework Coalition (www.TelCoa.org).
- Nancy Settle-Murphy, president of Guided Insights, a facilitation, training and communications strategy consulting firm based outside of Boston. Her specialty: Helping organizations achieve exceptional results within a surprisingly short time through highly-productive conversations that keep people actively engaged, regardless of location or time zone.
- Mor Sela, founder of Better Collaboration. His presentation is available here at: BrightTalk.
- Rose Stanley, Certified Compensation, Benefits and Work-Life Professional, is a seasoned human resources professional with more than two decades of experience as a total rewards leader. She specializes in attraction, motivation and retention of talent to achieve organizational results. She champions integration of Total Rewards— compensation, sales compensation, executive compensation, benefits, work-life, recognition/performance management and development/career opportunities for maximum business results.
- Andrew Upah, Chief Strategy Officer of Virtuali, a leadership training firm that offers an international immersion and leadership development program as well as training on how to work, manage, and lead effectively in a virtual business environment. Andrew previously worked for Accenture and Deloitte Consulting, where he specialized in Human Resources strategy. He served clients in the high-tech, retail, state government, education, financial services, professional services, and health care industries.
For more specific details about these events, please visit Better Collaboration’s event Meetup site. Finally, whether you are a past attendee or someone who is interested in attending a future event, we welcome suggestions with regard to virtual collaboration-related topics you would like to see covered! You may contact us at Better Collaboration’s website or if you are on LinkedIn, consider joining Better Collaboration’s LinkedIn group. Thank you!